World Record Jackpot Hits $640 Million
POSTED: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 11:29am
UPDATED: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 4:10pm
EL PASO — Mega Millions Jackpot increased to $640 million with a cash value of $462 million. Players in Texas have until Friday, 8:45pm MST, to buy tickets.
Mega Millions Facts:
• That’s 26 annual payments of $24.6 million!
• Or a cash value of $462 million!
• If no one wins tonight, the estimated jackpot for Tuesday would be $975 million!
• Texas Mega Millions sales so far today total more than $6.3 million for the day.
• Hourly sales between 11:00 and noon were $1.7 million. That’s an increase of more than $1.2 million in sales compared to the same hour on Thursday.
• Average sales per minute so far today peaked between 11:00 and noon at 28,277.
• Cumulative Texas Mega Millions sales for the current roll cycle thru Friday morning night total more than $63 million, including more than $19.5 million and counting in sales for tonight’s drawing alone.
• Texas Mega Millions sales on Thursday totaled more than $10 million.
According to Forbes Magazine, winning the $640 million Mega Millions drawing tonight would mean that you made more money this year than these celebrities made last year-
• Oprah Winfrey $290 million
• Brad Pitt $20 million
• Tyler Perry $130 million
• U2 $195 million
• Lady Gaga $90 million
• LeBron James $40 million
• Donald Trump $60 million
• Justin Bieber $53 million