What's open? Roads, schools & businesses closures/delays
POSTED: Friday, January 4, 2013 - 1:00pm
UPDATED: Friday, January 4, 2013 - 9:54pm
Here's a look at some road, school and business closures throughout the Borderland:
-Scenic Drive is closed until further notice
- Montana Av. (US 62/180) east and westbound from Hueco Tanks to the Texas/New Mexico Stateline.
I-10 east and west from MM 62 (Hudpeth County) to MM 135 (Van Horn)
US 70 is closed at the San Augustine Pass due to snow pack and icy conditions.
For road conditions in New Mexico, http://nmroads.com/ is shows real time updates with openings as the snow melts.
-Sun Metro's fixed-route service will be running on the regular schedule with some minor delays caused by icy road conditions; There are some service delays for the LIFT, paratransit service, because of unsafe road conditions around the LIFT’s primary facility at 5081 Fred Wilson.
-The El Paso Museum of Archaeology located at 4301 Transmountain Road
El Paso, TX 79924 is closed due to severe weather Friday.
-Project Bravo will only be open from 1:00- 5:00 p.m.
All Public Libraries will open at 10 AM today, Friday, January 4.
-All Centro de Salud Familiar La Fe facilities and clinics throughout El Paso County will delay opening until 10 a.m.
-El Paso Parks and Recreation Centers will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. This includes recreation, senior and aquatic centers plus their administration buildings.
- In collaboration with the Office of Emergency Management, the National Weather Services and the County Road and Bridge Department, the El Paso County Courthouse will have a delayed opening today, Friday, January 4, 2013 due to dangerous road conditions. The Courthouse is expected to resume regular business at 10:00AM today, unless weather conditions worsen.
- Airport: Some flights have been delayed or cancelled. You can check flight information here: http://elpasointernationalairport.com/flight-info.php?info=departures
-EPWU Customer Service Center, Administrative Offices, and TecH2O Center will be on a one hour delayed start to Friday. EPWU Plant and Maintenance Crews will remain on duty 24/7.
- Environmental Services Department recycling collections canceled for Friday due to weather.
- Municipal Court Sessions cancelled for Thursday; additionally, court sessions for Friday morning, January 4, 2013 that begin at 7:00 am through 8:30 am also are cancelled.Cases automatically will be reset for a future date.
-In Las Cruces, the Children's Garden delayed opening until 10 a.m.
- City of Las Cruces offices will reopen at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Jan. 4. Police and fire services are unaffected.
- RoadRUNNER Transit and Dial-a-Ride will resume at 10 a.m., Jan. 4; For more information call RoadRUNNER Transit at 575/541-2500.
- Solid Waste/Recycling: If solid waste/recycling is not picked up as scheduled, it will be picked up on Saturday, Jan. 5.
-Dona Ana Magistrate Court (Las Cruces and Anthony) will be on a two hour delay Friday. Jurors should report at 10:30 am instead of 8:20 am.
- The City of Sunland Park closed Friday due to Weather Conditions and mandatory furlough.
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center authorized a two-hour late reporting Friday morning, Jan. 4, for nonemergency essential personnel is authorized.
Patients with scheduled appointments Friday will be contacted to reschedule. For those patients who have significant medical conditions that necessitate an outpatient visit today, please report as early as safely possible - every attempt will be made to work you in expeditiously. Emergency Department will remain open for emergencies.
- Holloman AFB announced delayed reporting on Friday, Jan. 4 for all personnel. Alamogordo area and base residents will report at 8 a.m. Las Cruces, El Paso and mountain area residents will report at 12 p.m. Mid-shift workers overnight tonight, Jan. 3-4, WILL NOT REPORT.
- White Sands Missile Range, N.M., will remain closed today due to continued poor
road and weather conditions Friday. The Shoppette and Subway are open their normal hours today. The 2nd Engineers Dining Facility is available for all three meals today to anybody on post. Gas is available unattended at the Gas Station.
- Centro de Salud Familiar La Fe facilities and clinics throughout El Paso County will will delay opening until 10 a.m. Friday.
Elementary, private, high schools:
- Ysleta ISD has cancelled basketball games scheduled for Friday due to adverse weather conditions. All high school Varsity and JV games will be rescheduled as follows: • Varsity girls and JV boys will begin at 12:00 p.m. • Varsity boys and JV girls will begin at 1:30 p.m. • 9th grade boys will begin at 12:00 p.m. • 9th grade girls will begin at 1:30 p.m. • All locations will remain the same. Parkland High School rescheduled games: • JV girls will begin at 10:00 a.m. • Varsity girls will begin at 11:30 a.m. • Varsity boys will begin at 1:00 p.m. • JV boys will begin at 2:30 p.m.
-Christian Faith Academy is on a two hour delay. Classes start at 10 a.m.
- Anthony ISD will have 2-hour delay for staff Friday morning, per superintendent.
- El Paso County Day School will have a 2-hour delay Friday.
- EPISD will be have a two-hour delayed opening Friday, Jan. 4, 2013. Employees are being asked to report to their worksite two hours after their normally scheduled arrival time.
-Gadsden ISD to close Friday, including staff development and Central Office due to weather.
- Socorro ISD will have a delayed start for employees scheduled Friday. An 8 a.m. start is in effect unless immediate supervisors notify of any schedule changes.
- YISD will have 2-hour delayed start Friday morning for employees scheduled to work. Employees should report to their respective worksites at 10:00 am.
-UTEP has early release at 4PM Friday. Normal hours to resume Monday.
- NMSU Las Cruces campus and Dona Ana Community College delayed opening at 10 a.m. Friday.
-NMSU Alamogordo campus will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. Friday.
- Western Technical College is running on a two hour delay for Jan. 4th. Afternoon and Evening classes will resume on a regular schedule.
-Riddles and Rhymes Daycare
- A Place to Grow Child Development Center, on 12001 Tierra Este: delayed opening at 9 a.m. 915-855-6227.
- Federal Mogul closing at 5 p.m., Jan. 3; opening Friday, Jan. 4 at 10 a.m.
- GECU branches drive-thru facilities and Call Center will have a delayed opening - 10:00 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 4. All GECU ATMs, depository's, online banking at mygecu.org, and mobile services will continue to be available for all members.
- Jewel Gallery on 7134 N. Mesa will be closed until further notice due to the weather.
- Red Cross scheduled to re-open at 10 a.m. Friday, weather permitting.
- Teachers’ Federal Credit Union will be opening at 10 a.m. Friday.