Breaking News

Update: Apartment Fire Displaces Dozens

Update: Apartment Fire Displaces Dozens
News
Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 6:16pm

EL PASO - There is new information tonight on a fire that left 17 families homeless Saturday morning.

A spokesman for the El Paso Fire Department says a heater in one of the apartments burned through the floor, starting the fire. It caused $100,000.00 worth of damage.

As we reported last night, not all apartments suffered damage, but the city Building Inspector shut down the complex because of non-working smoke alarms. Tonight firefighters are encouraging everyone to test their smoke alarms to prevent tragedy.

The Red Cross is helping out families displaced by the fire.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment