UPDATE: Apartment Blaze Spread From Fireplace

News

POSTED: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:37am

UPDATED: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 11:02am

EL PASO - According to fire investigators, a massive apartment fire originated in the fireplace and spread through the chimney, attic and roof of the apartment complex.

The fire broke out at the San Mateo Apartments on Viscount Blvd. at 9:00 p.m. Monday.

According to George De La Torre, Public Affairs Coordinator for the El Paso Fire Department, firefighters reported seeing flames coming from the chimney on top of one of the units in the complex, as well as from one of the second story bedrooms.

De La Torre also said there was one man inside the two-story townhome when the fire started, but he escaped safely.

No one was injured.

The Red Cross is helping two families who were displaced by the fire. 

 

Comments News Comments

Maureen should be made aware that the word CHIMNEY has 2 syllables, not 3... she sounds ridiculous. Glad no one was injured in this incident.

Post new Comment