Unattended Candle Causes House Fire

Unattended Candle Causes House Fire
News
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 4:53pm

Fire crews were dispatched to a house fire in south central El Paso after an unattended candle was left in one of the bedrooms.

Six people were inside the home at the time of the fire but managed to escape. In an attempt to fight the fire, a 76-year-old male was transported to a local hospital and treated for 1st degree burns to his right hand and the back of the neck. 

Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the bedroom and the home sustained light smoke damage throughout. 

The El Paso Fire Department would like to remind the public to never leave a burning candle unattended and to never attempt to fight a fire. It is extremely important to Get Out and Stay Out. Attempting to fight the fire will not only cause a delay in response by not calling 9-1-1 as soon as possible but can lead to serious injuries. It is also important to have a working smoke alarm in your home at all times and test the smoke alarm monthly.
  

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment