Twelve appointed to Rio Grande citizens forum board
El Paso, TX (KTSM) — The U.S. Section of the International Boundary and Water Commission (USIBWC) announced the appointment of twelve men to serve on the 2014-2015 Rio Grande Citizens Forum (RGCF) board.
The RGCF is intended to promote the exchange of information between the USIBWC and surrounding communities about protects and related activities along the Rio Grande River between Percha Dam, NM and Fort Quitman, TX.
U.S. Commissioner Edward Drusina of the USIBWC has appointed the following men, who will serve as volunteers for a two-year term.
- John Balliew - El Paso Water Utilities; El Paso, TX
- Daniel Chavez - Hudspeth County Conservation & Reclamation District #1; Fort Hancock, TX
- John Cornell - Dona Ana County Associated Sportsmen, New Mexico Wildlife Federation; Hillsboro, NM
- Travis Johnson - Attorney; El Paso, TX
- Conrad Keyes, Jr. - Paso del Norte Watershed Council; Las Cruces, NM
- Carlos Leon - El Paso County Commissioner; El Paso, TX
- Zachary Libbin - Elephant Butte Irrigation District; Las Cruces, NM
- Austin Marshall - UTEP Professor of Civil Engineering; El Paso, TX
- Suleiman "Sal" Masoud - Del Rio Engineering, El Paso Association of Builders; El Paso, TX
- Dale Reinhardt - Mayor; Clint, TX
- Gill Michael Sorg - Las Cruces City Council, Audubon Society; Las Cruces, NM
- Miguel Teran - El Paso County Water Improvement District #1, Rosedales Neighborhood Association; El Paso, TX
Commissioner Drusina said "We had an outstanding group of applicants this year. I know this board will do a great job in helping us with outreach to the community about the region's water issues."
The first meeting with the new board is scheduled for Tuesday, January 14, 2014 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the USIBWC Headquarters located at 4171 N. Mesa St. Bldg. C, El Paso, TX 79902.
During the first meeting, staff is expected t give an overview of the Commission's history, mission, and projects followed by orientation for the new board. The meeting is open to the public.