Texas DMV Could Offer University of Oklahoma License Plate


POSTED: Friday, August 20, 2010 - 3:59pm

UPDATED: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 12:06am

The OU Texas Rivalry is something that runs deep within the Lone Star State.

Just as expected, the Sooners may be adding fuel to the fire.

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles could soon offer an OU "Boomer Sooner" license plate right here in Texas. The DMV hires an independent company My Plates to design and sell specialty plates to raise money for the state.

But, when we asked if all of the revenue from an out-of-state school would go to the state, My Plates told us that typically organizations receive 10% of My Plates share.

So we want to hear from you. It's time for you to sound off.

Do you agree with money from Texas license plates going to out of state schools?

Call us, (915) 532-5421 extension 299 and we could use your voice during our 10:00 p.m. newscast.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment