Summer Sandbags Available for Pickup
POSTED: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 9:02am
UPDATED: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 12:10pm
EL PASO — El Paso Water Utilities will again this year provide sandbags to customers for flood control during the summer monsoon season.
Beginning Monday, customers can obtain sandbags free of charge at the following locations.
• Northeast: EPWU Stormwater Operations Center, 4801 Fred Wilson Ave.
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday 2 p.m. to 8.p.m.
Seven days a week 2 p.m. to 8.p.m.
• Central: Haskell R. Street Wastewater Treatment Plant, 913 S. Boone St.
• East: Album Park, corner of Wedgewood Drive and Lockerbie Avenue
• Mission Valley: Blackie Chesher Park, 9144 Escobar Drive
• West: Keystone Heritage Park, 120 Kappa Drive
Distribution at the four satellite locations will end in September.
Customers in flood-prone areas are encouraged to be proactive by obtaining sandbags before the summer rains begin. There is a 25 bag per visit limit.