Spontaneous Combustion to Blame for Recycling Plant Fire

POSTED: Thursday, June 4, 2009 - 5:48am

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:24pm

Fire investigators tell us they believe spontaneous combustion set off a blaze at the Newell Recycling plant yesterday morning. Apparently, the spontaneous combustion was caused by high heat over the past few days.
The material that caught fire is called fluff. It is anything that is left over from recyclable material that is non-metallic and taken to a landfill.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment