Sheriff's Office urges mobile home safety

Sheriff's Office urges mobile home safety
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 7:39pm

After a mobile home caught fire in Canutillo this morning, the El Paso Sheriff's Office urged special precautions for people who live in trailers.

The home, in the 200 block of Brooks, apparently caught fire after a bad water heater sparked the flames. There is extensive damage, particularly in the kitchen area.

"These things burn pretty fast." says Sheriff spokesperson Angelica Becerra, speaking of the typical mobile home structure.

She urges mobile home owners to have regular safety inspections, especially when adding electrical wiring to their homes.

No one was at home during this morning's fire. A next door neighbor was the first to call 911.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment