Several Locations to Drop Off Prescription Drugs for National Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative
POSTED: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 7:40am
UPDATED: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 1:28pm
Several organizations and law enforcement agencies have scheduled prescription take back initiatives throughout the weekend.
The El Paso Veterans Affairs Health Care System is working with the Army Substance Abuse Program of Fort Bliss, as well as the Drug Enforcement Administration, to collect prescription drugs that are either expired or no longer needed. The program provides a free and anonymous way for veterans to dispose of the drugs and eliminate the risk of others misusing them.
Veterans can drop off prescription drugs on Friday, September 28, from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the El Paso VA Health Care System offices located at 5001 N. Piedras.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office also partnered with the DEA to host several collection sites for accumulated, unwanted prescription medications. The following three drop-off sites will take place on Saturday, September 29, from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Site 1: Sheriff's Office - Vinton Station: 436 E. Vinton, Vinton, TX
- Site 2: Sheriff's Office - Montana Station: 12501 Montana, El Paso, TX
- Site 3: Sheriff's Office - Clint Station: 190 San Elizario Rd., Clint, TX
The Doña Ana County Sheriff's Department, along with the DEA and other local law enforcement agencies in Las Cruces will host take-back sites at several locations from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 29.
- Elks Club - 300 Elks Dr.
- K-Mart - 1900 Bataan Memorial E.
- Ben Archer Health Clinic - 255 Hwy 187
- Branigan Library - 200 E. Picacho
- LCRO Building - 2290 E. Griggs
- Club Fitness - 3850 E. Lohman
Walmart - 1550 S. Valley