Last Thursdays Art Walk with the Downtown Arts District
POSTED: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 7:00am
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 7:07am
El Paso, TX (KTSM) — Last Thursdays with the Downtown Arts District will return on Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Last Thursdays is a monthly art walk organized by the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department.
March Highlights include:
- The El Paso Museum of Art located on 1 Arts Festival Plaza will feature a gallery talk with tattoo artist Jesse Mesa. The talk will spotlight portraits in the Gaspar Enríquez: Metaphors of El Barrio exhibit. Entrance to the Gaspar Enriquez exhibit is FREE for Last Thursdays. The El Paso Museum of Art is open until 9pm every Thursday.
- El Paso Museum of History located on 510 N Santa Fe St. is open until 9 pm on Thursdays with free general admission.
- Ghosts 915 Paranormal Society located on 108 E. San Antonio will feature art work by Heather Shade and Talitha Juarez and psychic readings.
- Purple Pop-Up Gallery located on 227 N. Mesa will feature an installation by Colectivo Dieci Siete called “Checkpoint.”
- Foodville Food Truck Park located on 218 E. Mills will be open from 7pm-11pm.
- Visit El Paso Information Center located in Union Plaza located on 400 W. San Antonio (Union Plaza Transit terminal on the corner of San Antonio and Durango) will be open until 9pm. Visit the new pop-up gallery featuring the El Paso Zoo’s Color Coated Animal Art Exhibit, Music by DJ Red-1 and the Amigo Man.
- The Art Avenue Magazine will host its Art Market event at the Camino Real located on 101 S. El Paso St.
- Rock House Gallery located on 400 W. Overland will feature the art work of Marcos Rey.
- Exploreum & El Paso Artisan Gallery – located on 300 W. San Antonio Ave. is open from 6 to 8 p.m. FREE admission during Thursday's. Call 533-4330 for information.
Last Thursdays with the Downtown Arts District is a monthly art walk organized by the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department. Last Thursdays showcases art galleries, Pop-Up art installations, live artist performances, live-music, and free admission to special exhibitions at both the El Paso Museum of Art and the El Paso Museum of History.
Last Thursdays is a collaborative effort between the Downtown Arts District and the local arts community to showcase the contemporary art scene in downtown El Paso, in partnership with downtown businesses and restaurant owners.
Last Thursdays is free and open to the community.