Police documents suggest Jackson Farrey choked to death

El Paso Police Department
Friday, December 20, 2013 - 7:59pm

It was a month ago on Friday, November 20th when the El Paso Police Department said they found 5 month-old Jackson Farrey's body in the desert in Orogrande, New Mexico - five days after the Farrey family was first reported missing from their west El Paso home.

On Friday, November 15th, police were called to the family's home after Jackson's father, Jeffrey Farrey, a U.S. Army Specialist at Fort Bliss, failed to show up for duty several days in a row.

The family's landlord, and police affidavits, said the landlord and police discovered a "murder/suicide note in a journal" from Jeffrey and his wife, Jenna Farrey, inside their home, and the last line of the entry allegedly read "DKH will be bringing our bodies to a place where we can be at rest" - that prompted the search for the family.

On November 17th, authorities in Michigan found the family at Eagle Nest Hotel in Escanaba, but without their 5 month-old son Jackson. The couple was arrested and their other son, 18 month-old Blake, was placed in state custody.

Then, two days later, law enforcement taped off the Farrey home, and began searching for evidence only to find Jackson's body the next day in Orogrande, New Mexico.

Police affidavits and search warrants released to the media revealed details about how Jackson died before his parents allegedly buried his body in the desert.

According to the documents, Jeffrey told his father, Jeffrey Farrey Sr., that his son Jackson choked to death at their home in El Paso, and that he and Jenna then buried the body in the desert.

Jeffrey also allegedly admitted they used their 2011 white Scion to take the body there.

When investigators first found Jenna and Jeffrey in Escanaba, Michigan, the couple allegedly told them baby Jackson was with his grandparents.

Investigators used one of the Farrey's cell phone records to help pinpoint where exactly they had buried Jackson.

Jeffrey Farrey Sr., also told reportedly investigators that a friend of Jenna's said she was Facebook instant messaging with Jenna, who reportedly told her she was "out of the country" and "knew that people were looking for her."

The police reports also state that Jeffrey crossed the Alamogordo Border Patrol checkpoint on November 13th at around 4:30a.m. in the couple's 2007 Dodge Charger. A picture of Jeffrey crossing seemed to show he was the only one in the car.

Jeffrey Farrey will stand trial in connection with Jackson's death on October 3rd, 2014.

He has been charged with "injury to a child by omission."

Jenna Farrey is now being held on a probation violation stemming from a 2012 arrest involving her older son Blake after leaving the 18 month-old home alone.

Blake Farrey is in Texas foster care.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment