Pair of Fires Started By Candles

POSTED: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 10:46pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:22pm

An early morning fire, Sunday, nearly destroys a Las Cruces home.

Firefighters say it happened just after 5:30 PM on the 3200 block of Mercury Lane.

Authorities say the family inside the home was awoken by smoke detectors.

Investigators say a candle was to blame for it all.

Meanwhile, investigators also say a candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in West El Paso.

The owner of the home was reportedly trying to extinguish the blaze before calling 911. That is something firefighters strongly advise not to do.

No one was injured in this fire but damage is estimated at $750,000.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment