Multiple Las Cruces locations available for National Prescription Drug Take-Back day
LAS CRUCES, N.M. —
It's time to clean out the medicine cabinet and get rid of all those old prescriptions Saturday at Drug Enforcement Administration's annual National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
The event allows people to safely dispose of old pills and medications with no questions asked with the goal being to help keep potentially dangerous drugs out of the wrong hands.
"One of the biggest problems with drug abuse is prescription drug abuse," said Las Cruces Police Spokesperson Dan Trujillo. "A lot of people don't realize that you have teenagers or kids who can get a hold of them."
In Las Cruces the police department will be assisting at the eight locations throughout town.
• Kmart store, 1900 Bataan Memorial East.
• Elks Club, 3000 Elks Dr.
• Thomas Branigan Memorial Library, 200 E. Picacho Ave.
• Club Fitness, 3850 E. Lohman Ave.
• Walmart Supercenter, 1550 S. Valley Dr.
• Walmart Supercenter, 571 Walton Blvd.
• Walmart Supercenter, 3331 Rinconada Blvd.
• DEA Office, 2290 E. Griggs Ave.
The take-back event runs Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m..