Mother and Son Escape From East El Paso Apartment Fire

POSTED: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 8:01pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 3:25pm

A woman and her son escaped from their East El Paso apartment after a pan left on a stove started a fire Sunday evening.

Firefighters evacuated a section of the WindTree Apartments on the 2990 Trawood Dr. until the fire was put out.

A pan left on the stove ignited and the flames spread through the kitchen.

The woman tired putting the fire out herself and suffered minor burns on her hands and arms.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment