Las Cruces Fire Caused by Mattress Near Heating Source

Las Cruces Fire Caused by Mattress Near Heating Source
News
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 9:25pm

LAS CRUCES - When it gets cold out, it's only natural that we want to keep warm. However, the Las Cruces Fire Dept. is warning against putting combustibles near heating sources, because that's what caused a fire this morning in Las Cruces.

The fire department said anything that can easily burn or ignite a fire-- like a mattress, should be kept away from a heating source.

Investigators said a fire on West Picacho Ave. this morning started because a mattress was too close to a heating source. The entire apartment went on up in flames, and caused about $20,000 worth of damage.

No injuries were reported.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment