Grease Fire Shuts Down East El Paso Restaurant
EL PASO — The El Paso Fire Department responded to a grease fire at the Pollo Feliz restaurant in East El Paso shortly after 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
According to Battalion Chief David Rios with the El Paso Fire Department, there were customers inside the restaurant, they were able to get out safely.
Rios said those customers were not in any real danger because the fire was contained to the ceiling and roof of the restaurant.
"It is very common for restaurants that have range hood systems, or have a grease system, where they have a build-up of grease, and over time, with the heat, will ignite," said Rios.
The restaurant closed down for the remainder of the evening.
Damages are estimated at $5,000.