Freebies Issued For Earth Day
POSTED: Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 12:10pm
UPDATED: Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 12:22pm
In honor of Earth Day this coming Sunday, April 22, companies are offering free recycling, coffee and tree-planting. A list is offered at www.EarthDayFreebies.com.
"Earth Day Freebies are a great way for businesses to remind customers to recycle electronics and get free products for reusing and reducing," website creator Matthew Cheng. "Recycling old electronics is also a requirement in most municipalities."
Earth Day Freebies 2012:
1. Verizon Wireless will plant a tree if you trade-in an old device through April 26.
2. Sprint is offering new and existing Sprint customers credit up to $150 for recycling hundreds of eligible wireless devices, even if its from other carriers. Sprint will also pay for shipping the device.
3. Caribou Coffee is offering free coffee for customers who bring in a reusuable mug on April 22. Caribou Coffee announced that it is the first major U.S. coffeehouse retailer to source all coffees and espresso from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
4. Target is giving away a Free Reusable Bag on April 22. Ask for it Customer Service. While Supplies Last.
5. U.S. National Parks has Free admission to all 397 National Parks for National Park Week April 21-29.
6. Origins Cosmetics is offering a free wish bracelet with any skincare purchase and will plant a tree on your behalf.
7. Many local municipalities are holding free electronic waste recycling events to mark Earth Day. Help the environment by recycling old electronics. It's also the law.
In El Paso, the waste recycling locations with guidelines are as follows:
Radios and portable music players, such as CD players and IPods
Home and business telephones
VCR and DVD players
Computers and computer accessories, such as monitors, keyboards, scanners, printers, photo copiers and webcams.
Other electronic consumer goods
Materials that are leaking
Drop-off site locations
Citizen Collection Stations (CCS) are available to residents, who pay solid waste fees to the City of El Paso through their El Paso Water Utilities bill.
CCS customers must present a recent water bill and corresponding identification, such as a driver’s license. The stations are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and are located at:
4501 Hondo Pass
For more information, please call (915) 621-6700.