Firefighters Say 12-Year-Old Saved Neighbor's Lives

POSTED: Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 9:15pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:24pm

El Paso firefighters are calling a 12-year-old girl a hero after she called 911 when her neighbor's house caught on fire Friday night.

Jolee Davis was home alone in Northeast El Paso when she says she smelled smoke.

She ran outside and saw smoke and flames coming from the house next door.

Jolee says that's when she called 911 and told dispatchers what was going on.

Minutes later firefighters arrived and put the fire out.

Jolee and her mother later found out that an elderly woman and a toddler were inside the home when the fire broke out.

Firefighters say the occupants had no idea their home was on fire until they were rescued.

Two dogs were also pulled from the burning home.

Firefighters blame an unattended candle for starting the blaze.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment