Breaking News

Firefighters Respond After Western Refining Machine Overheats

News

POSTED: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 7:24am

UPDATED: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 7:29am

Firefighters responded to Western Refining shortly after 2:00 a.m. Monday to reports of smoke pouring from the roof of one of the buildings at the refinery.

According to fire crews, the cause of the smoke was an overheated machine that reached temperatures of more than 100 degrees.

The building was evacuated while firefighters inspected the damage.

Firefighters said there were no visible flames, but the machine did have some charring around the edges.

Crews shut down the machine to prevent any additional damage.

No injuries were reported.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment