Fire Rips Through Home in Northeast

News

POSTED: Sunday, July 4, 2010 - 4:14pm

UPDATED: Sunday, July 4, 2010 - 5:48pm

It's been a fiery start to the Fourth of July.
A northeast El Paso home went up in flames, while the people living there were at church.
Tonight the homeowner is calling it suspicious.

Worried and emotional, loved ones console each other after a fire destroyed part of a northeast couples house while they were at church.
"We've been here for 36 years," said Tomas Garcia, the home owner.
He and his wife were on their way home when they saw smoke from the freeway..
We spoke to him as firefighters were still investigating.
"The issue here is that the alarms went off, and the only way the alarm goes off is if somebody breaks in because it's completely covered by ADT. Everything," said Garcia.
We're told the fire started in the garage, and is not fireworks related.
Firefighters say there was no one home, and when neighbors saw flames coming from the house. They told the homeowner they saw the garage door, and front door open!.
Garcia says that only means one thing.
"The garage door was already open. The garage door can not go open by itself because you got to push a button. So you think somebody may have been inside? That's what it looks like to me...The fire chief said that the front door alarm went to ADT, it's zoned, then the garage door opened up, that alarm went to ADT, and then the smoke detector went to them also."
Firefighters are still trying to figure out the cause of the fire.
In all there was nearly $100,000 of damage done, even part of a neighbors home was charred by flames.
But garcia is looking to the bright side of this sad and questionable situation. "We're safe, and everything is replaceable and God was with us because we were in church."

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment