Breaking News

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 8:39pm

Fire Guts El Paso Eatery

POSTED: Friday, December 25, 2009 - 5:32pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:25pm

El Paso - - This has not been a very merry Christmas for an El Paso restaurant owner.

An early morning fire gutted the kitchen of Ay Cocula on the East side.

Investigators say the blaze broke out when a deep fryer burst into flames.

Two kitchen workers were in the restaurant at the time. They are okay.

Customers who showed up for breakfast were shocked but thankful everyone made it out safely...

"We feel bad, we really do. We've gotten close with the staff and the owners but we'll pray for them. Hopefully God can help them quickly so the people of the restaurant, and the restaurant, can get back on their feet."

The restaurant owners say they plan to reopen soon. The fire caused $50,000 damage.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment