Fire Destroys Home, Leaves Family Homeless

News
Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 7:38pm

EL PASO - A fire destroyed a home on Saturday morning, leaving a family homeless.

Firefighters say they found large flames and heavy smoke coming from the roof of a home in the Upper Valley. Luckily, heat from the fire shattered a window, waking the four people inside. They all managed to escape safely with their five dogs.

The Red Cross is helping the family out.

Investigators say faulty wiring on the porch sparked the flames.

Now the El Paso Fire Department has some tips to help keep you safe from an electrical fire. They say you should always make sure your wiring is professionally installed and repaired. They say never put clothes or fabric near lamps and bulbs, and don't cover electrical cords with anything.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment