Breaking News

Friday, August 1, 2014 - 3:17pm

Weather Alert

|
Flash Flood Watch: Through 8 am Sunday morning for much of West Texas, So. New Mexico
Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 12:36pm

Family narrowly avoids fire disaster

Family narrowly avoids fire disaster
News
Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 7:34pm

A Lower Valley family had a close call after part of their home caught fire.

Cleanup began at a home after a short in an electrical wire in one room caused it go up in flames around 8:45 this morning.
The family called firefighters immediately and they were able to put the fire out. The family says a wire, plugged into the wall, was pressed up against a piece of furniture, sparking the blaze. They says they're thankful no one was hurt.

"Could've been a lot worse. thankful it was just material stuff. no physical harm, nothing. thankful nothing happened to my grandpa, my uncle. thanks to the fire department for being so fast and they stopped it one room so I'm grateful for that," said resident, Hector Portillo.

Two people in that home are without a place to stay and the Red Cross is helping. The fire department says there is $10,000 worth of damages.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment