Breaking News

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 4:21pm
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 4:10pm

News Alert

|
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 5:23pm

Family displaced after mobile home fire in Anthony, NM

KTSM
News
Monday, December 16, 2013 - 1:13pm

An Anthony, New Mexico family was displaced after a fire ripped through their mobile home.

Firefighters said the family was enjoying a bonfire outside the home earlier in the night and put sand over it before they went inside to go to sleep. But, investigators said the fire sparked up again and spread to a storage shed and then to the home.


TO DONATE TO THE SHAMPADILLAS
Wells Fargo Bank #1376716823


"We can't get anything from there no more," said Lin Shampadilla.

Shampadilla and her three sons were getting ready for bed when their mobile home on Lincoln and Stern caught fire at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday.

"My older son went outside and then he told me, 'Mom, the house is on fire. Let's get out," said Shampadilla. "We got scared and we started running to get up."

The family of four made it out safely, but with only the clothes on their backs. Neighbors ran outside to give the family jackets to stay warm.

"I just wanted to help them because it was only her and that's it...with her three sons and she didn't have almost anything," said Amy Salazar.

It took firefighters 15 minutes to put out the blaze, but by that time, the damage was done.

The single mother is just grateful her family is OK.

"I don't care about the trailer. I thank god we're safe and we're together," said Shampadilla. "I just want to hug my kids and tell them how much I love them."

The Red Cross was giving Shampadilla and her family a place to stay.

If you'd like to donate clothes or other necessities to the family, contact Lin Shampadilla at 915-920-0335. Her sons are 19, 11 and nine years old.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment