Breaking News

Friday, December 26, 2014 - 8:58am

EPFD: Old chimney flue causes house fire

EPFD: Old chimney flue causes house fire

POSTED: Sunday, January 6, 2013 - 10:52pm

UPDATED: Sunday, January 6, 2013 - 10:53pm

Investigators said an old chimney flue caused a house fire in Kern Place.

The owner of the home on Winter near North Stanton called 911 when he smelled smoke just before 9 p.m. Saturday.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire.

Investigators said it started when the chimney flue in the attic deteriorated and fell over catching the insulation in the attic on fire.

The chimney had been on for more than 12 hours.

The fire department wants to remind you that heating equipment and chimneys should be inspected and cleaned every year.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment