Breaking News

EPFD: Homeowner leaves stove on, causes fire

EPFD: Homeowner leaves stove on, causes fire
News

POSTED: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 7:58am

UPDATED: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 10:35am

The El Paso Fire Department is giving people a warning after a house fire in Central El Paso.

The fire happened on South Collingsworth Street and Geiger at about 5 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators said the stove was left on while the homeowner, a 49-year-old man, left to the store.

He got home and tried to put out the fire himself with a water hose, but it was too late.

The house has serious damage.

The homeowner was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The El Paso Fire Department warns to always be careful when cooking and never try to fight a fire. They said evacuate right away and call 911 immediately
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment