Weather Alert

|
Monday, September 22, 2014 - 5:50am

El Paso man warns of dangerous "pass out game"

El Paso man warns of dangerous
News
Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 10:51pm

15 years after playing the "pass out game" an El Paso man speaks about his accident after seeing kids dying from the potentially deadly game.

El Pasoan Juan Munoz almost died from playing the game where teens choke themselves or other until they pass out though hyperventilation.

"I was bored and really didn't have anything much better to do and I was alone and figured I would play the game," Munoz said.

Munoz had played the game with friends and they would keep each other from falling.

When playing alone, he thought he would fall on the bed.

"When I went through with it, I wound up falling through my fish tank," Munoz said.

He barely missed his jugular by millimeters.

He was unconscious for about 15 seconds and woke up covered in blood in search of help.

He said his sister was the first to see him.

"She was devastated, scared and ran away," Munoz said. "She ran out of our house and ran up the street to the neighbor's house," Munoz said.

His mother Leticia Munoz said he daughter was so shocked she couldn't speak.

She was the next person to see Munoz.

"When I saw that half of his face was already hanging off of him, I just took my shirt off and picked up his face and put it back on his cheek," Munoz said.

He was immediately taken to the hospital where he was stitched 83 times and missed the rest of the school year.

Munoz said he still gets asked about his scar and uses it as an example of how dangerous the "pass out game" can be.

"Think twice, think again it's not the smartest decision you're making think about exactly what you're doing as you're doing it," Munoz said. "That can be your last breath."

 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment