El Paso Fire Department Warns Against Using a Space Heater

El Paso Fire Department Warns Against Using a Space Heater
News

POSTED: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 5:58pm

UPDATED: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 6:53pm

EL PASO - There are ways El Pasoans can stay warm - and safe - during this big storm.

The El Paso Chapter of the American Red Cross and the El Paso Fire Department advise against heating homes with stoves or ovens. People can suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

In case a space heater is used, keep it 3-feet away from anything that can catch fire. Place it on tile - not carpet - and always keep an eye on it.

Also make sure smoke detectors are working properly.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment