Weather Alert

|
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 10:42am

East El Paso family treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

East El Paso family treated for carbon monoxide poisoning
KTSM
News
Friday, March 7, 2014 - 4:34pm

A eastside woman is fighting for her life today after being poisoned by carbon monoxide in her home overnight.

El Paso Firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 3200 block of Sal Berroteran  just after 7:00 a.m. after a man called to report that his wife and teenage children were found in their bedrooms with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The three family members were transported to Del Sol Medical Center for treatment of the CO poisoning. The two teenagers were treated and released this afternoon, but the woman is still in ICU for treatment.

During the investigation, EPFD discovered that the family was using a gasoline-powered electric generator to power their home because their electricity had been shut off. The CO levels detected by firefighters were high enough to poison the woman and her 15-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter.

The El Paso Fire Department would like to remind the public to never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. Use generators outside only and far away from the home.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment