Weather Alert

|
Flash Flood Watch: Through 8 am Saturday morning for much of West Texas, So. New Mexico
Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 12:36pm

Cooking Leads To Fire In Home

News
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 8:36pm

EL PASO -- One man got too caught up in his cooking, and now he's lost his kitchen and garage.

As you can see, a fire completely engulfed the front of this home in the 10400 block of Aphonia. Investigators say the man was cooking on the kitchen stove when the food caught fire and got out of control. He and a child ran out and called 911.

"When you're cooking or doing any type of work in the kitchen, make sure you do not leave anything unattended, take all safety precautions when you're cooking, and practice good kitchen fire safety," said El Paso Fire Department Public Information Officer Spokesman John Concha.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $75,000.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment