Calling local artist for HACEP competition
El Paso, TX (KTSM) — The Housing Authority of El Paso (HACEP) is calling on local artists to participate in the annual HACEP Art Competition.
The artwork that best illustrates the mission of HACEP and captures the theme "Home is where the heart is" will be selected by a panel of judges and awarded the following prizes:
1st Place – $1,000
2nd Place – $500
3rd Place – $250
Please visit the HACEP website and Facebook pages to learn more about who we are and what we do as well as to download the required submission forms and competition guidelines: www.hacep.org / www.facebook.com/HACEP
The artwork of the top-three finalists will be publicly displayed.
Additionally, winning entries will be announced on Facebook, receive a half-page color ad in the local newspaper, a press release to the local media, the HACEP Newsletter distributed to 20,000 residents, and the HACEP website. All other qualified entries will be displayed at the main office located at 5300 East Paisano Drive.
• Submission Deadline: April 18, 2014.
• The HACEP logo must be incorporated into the artwork.
• All entries become property of HACEP.
• Artist must complete an entry form for each piece and submit with work(s).
• No entry fee required. Limit of three (3) entries per artist.
• Open to all residents of the City and County of El Paso, Texas.
• Size limitations of artwork: No more than 5 feet in any one direction.
• Paintings must be dry.
• All work must be ready for display and mounting. Framing of artwork is responsibility of the artist. HACEP would not like to alter artwork with mounting requirements.
• Artwork must be within the following categories:
▪ Paintings: oils, watercolors, acrylics, etc.
▪ Drawings: pastel, colored pencils, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
▪ Prints: lithography, silkscreen, block prints, etc.
▪ Mixed Media: use of more than two media
▪ Graphic Design
▪ 3D Media: Sculpture, Ceramics, Jewelry and Metals
Submit all artwork and refer all art competition questions to:
Mr. Shane B. Griffith, Public Information and Government Relations Officer
Housing Authority of the City of El Paso
5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Phone: (915) 849-3710