Body Found: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected

POSTED: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 5:11pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:22pm

EL PASO--- One man is dead and a woman is clinging to life after an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, police officials said.

The woman's sister found the couple in their home in the 5300 block of Doniphan around noon Friday.

The sister said she came to the home after the woman didn't show up for a meeting, police said.

When rescue crews arrived, the man, 48, was dead. Crews transported the woman, also 48, to Providence Hospital, where she is in serious condition, said Mario Hernandez of the El Paso Fire Department.

Police are not releasing the identities of the couple at this time.

"Theres not any foul play suspected. Unfortunately it might be due to carbon monoxide poisoning; something we unfortunately do see from time to time as the weather does get colder," said Javier Sambrano, public information officer for the El Paso Police Dept.

Medical examiners are performing tests to find the official cause of death.

Police are continuing their investigation.

This could be the first carbon-monoxide-poisoning death of the season.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment