Alert Neighbor Saves Apartment Complex

Alert Neighbor Saves Apartment Complex
News
Monday, August 6, 2012 - 7:12pm

An alert neighbor helped prevent a fire from tearing through an apartment complex on Meraz Avenue Monday afternoon. The blaze broke out around 2:30 inside a unit at the Truman Apartment Complex. A neighbor heard the fire alarm going off and quickly called 911. Nineteen firefighters responded. Firefighters say the blaze was sparked by a damaged extension cord. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the living room of the one unit. Damage is estimated at $28,000.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment