|
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 1:34pm

$5k in damages, woman taken to UMC following fire in Montana Vista

$5k in damages, woman taken to UMC following fire in Montana Vista
Courtesy EPCSO
News

POSTED: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:26pm

UPDATED: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:27pm

The Montana Vista Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 15000 block of Marvin Ln. in the Montana Vista area just before 1:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators learned that the owners were burning trash inside a barrel and left it briefly unattended. When the owners returned, the fire had spread to a nearby barrel containing vegetable oil.

As a result, a 8 ft by 20 ft shed nearby caught fire. The owner attempted to extinguish the fire before calling the Montana Vista Fire Department for assistance. The firefighters were able to put out the fire, but not before $5,000 worth of damage was caused to the structure.

A woman was transported from the scene to University Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation. Authorities have not determined whether any charges will be filed against the home owner in connection with the fire.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment