Cooking made easy with Chef Adam
POSTED: Friday, August 9, 2013 - 7:08am
UPDATED: Friday, August 9, 2013 - 10:13am
El Paso, TX (KTSM) — Back to School Lunch Treat Recipes!
1. Lay a piece of bread between two pieces of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin.
2. Spread peanut butter on the bread, and then add raisins, and thinly sliced apple or banana on one end. Let the apple slices hang out the ends like real sushi.
3. Roll up the bread tightly and then slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
4. You can dip the apple slices in 7-up or lemon/lime juice to prevent them from browning.
Turkey or Chicken BLT Wrap
1. Mash an avocado with lemon juice, then spread on a whole wheat wrap.
2. Top with crumbled bacon, tomato slices or wedges, chicken fajitas, and shredded lettuce. A bit of queso fresco would be nice also.
3. Roll up and wrap in wax paper or parchment, or put into a zip lock bag. Stab with toothpick to keep sandwich wedges together.
1. Get out your tupper ware disposables in different shapes.
2. In a large rectangular container, put some tostadas.
3. In the smaller ones, put salsa, avocado, pico de gallo, cold diced chicken, brisket, or beef (or leftover picadillo).
4. Put some crème and queso fresco in two more containers. Stack up and put in lunchbox.
Mini Bagel Sandwiches
1. Mini Bagels make great after school snacks or sandwiches.
2. Place tuna salad, chicken salad (use a rotisserie chicken,) or egg salad between these baby bagels.