Teen Burned When Disposing of Christmas Tree
POSTED: Sunday, January 3, 2010 - 11:42pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 3:26pm
Firefighters Urge Proper Disposal of Trees
An El Paso teen is recovering from 2nd degree burns.
Firefighters say the 17 year old was trying to get rid of a Christmas tree by burning it.
They say he doused the tree in gasoline and he also caught fire.
He was burned on his arms, lower back and buttocks.
He's expected to make a full recovery.
Firefighters urge everyone to dispose their tree the proper way, by taking it to one of five locations around El Paso.