Weather Alert

|
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 10:42am

Battery Charger Likely Cause Of Vinton Barn Fire

POSTED: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 - 8:22am

UPDATED: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 - 9:21am

Investigators have determined what sparked a blaze at a barn on the 100 block of La Nell in Vinton last night.

El Paso County Sheriff's Deputies say a battery charger that was plugged into a socket inside may have been the cause.

It took West Valley Fire Department firefighters over two hours to put out the fire. La Union firefighters were called out to assist due to water shortages in the area.

The barn and everything inside was a total loss. A damage estimate will be determined after the investigation is complete.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment