|
Friday, October 17, 2014 - 11:31am

Man Dies After Eating Cockroaches in Contest

Man Dies After Eating Cockroaches in Contest
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 8:35am

Authorities are awaiting results of a toxicology report on a Florida man who died after eating dozens of cockroaches and worms as part of a contest at a reptile store. The winner would have gotten a  $850 python.

Police say the 32-year-old man won the contest, but started throwing up afterward. He later collapsed in front of the store and was taken to a hospital, where he died. The store owner says the contestants had to sign a waiver saying they are sober and don't have allergies to shellfish, which have similar allergens to cockroaches. None of the other contestants got sick.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment