Google’s Rel=author is Most Prestigious Tag for Author Rank
One of the main challenges we face on Google is author ranking and becoming an authoritative voice online. Nowadays, there is a quicker approach to landing on Google's first page and developing your credibility as an author. Authors can now affect personalized search results in Google, and early findings show higher click through rates for authored content associated with a Google + profile.
A few months ago, Google introduced the ability to configure your account with Google Authorship markup. Google Authorship is a solution designed to allow authors to link their profiles with their content. Once the content is associated with your profile, you'll begin to see your photo posted next to your posted content. This function certainly is useful, especially for higher search engine placement of your content and drives more traffic.
What is Google Authorship?
Google Authorship is a program that allows an author to associate its contents or any other products with his or her Google Plus profile. By doing so, an author can create a connection between the content that was published on a particular domain name and a G+ account.
In practice, authorship is reflected today by the appearance of a rich snippet special author, following the links in the search results. Rich snippets help differentiate a link by adding metadata to a results page. The rich snippets include:
· The photo of the author.
· The author's name with a link to their profile Google Plus.
· The number of people who surrounded the author.
· Link "more by" that indexes all articles by the same author on Google.
3 benefits of implementing Google Authorship
According to CatalystSearchMarketing.com, who performed a study on click through rates, the addition of rich snippets has increased the rate of click through by 150%.
Using Google Authorship is a leading tool for content creators, mainly because of these benefits:
1. Build your reputation in your industry: The first benefit is the level of development of your credibility within your industry. As editor, you can create content for your expertise demonstrate your authority. Visitors looking for your content will notice your face and create an association with the quality content that you create.
2. Maximize your traffic potential naturally: photos naturally drive people to click, moreover than regular content; it personalizes the content.
3. Is there a "secret profit”; Google recognizes that visitor satisfaction is paramount, and gives you a nice bonus if your visitor remains on your site. Google will display several of your organic links, if your visitor returns to the search results after a considerable time spent on your site.
The formula works roughly like this:
· The visitor selects your site after a search for keywords.
· The visitor remains a minimum of 20 minutes on the landing page. .
· The visitor returns to the search results.
· WoW!: You now have a few list of your items.
In simpler terms, if you have a verified identity with Google+, and your content is valuable and associated with your profile in the Google community, Google might be tempted to give your pages improved organic visibility. Since this is a relatively new concept, it means that everyone
The Steps to Google Authorship
In summary, here are the steps you need to take to enrich your content:
1) You obviously need first a profile on Google+, with a good quality photo and profile form.
2) On your website, make a link from your pages with the following tag: <a href="[profile_url]?rel=author"> Google </ a>, where you replace profile_urladdress your custom profile in Google+; It is important to note that this link must be on every page of your site, a good trick is to install your own author box after your article.
3) Complete the validation loop by adding a link to your Google+ profile a link to your personal website, thereby certifying your link between Google+ and your site.
It may take 2-7 days to update and enrich your site, or perhaps even longer, before the first pages begin to show up in search results. In addition, not everyone has implemented the "rel = author" tag, so this is the perfect time to get a jump on the competition and build your creditability.